Skip to main navigation.
Outage Reporting: (406) 467-2527 or 800-452-7516

May is Electrical Safety Month

  • Know the warning signs of overloaded outlets: flickering/blinking lights, warm or discolored wall plates, burning odor from receptacles, mild shock or tingle from appliance or switched, frequently tripped circuit breakers.
  • Do not use an extension cord or power strip with heaters and fans.  This could cause the cord to overheat and result in a fire.
  • Ground Fault Circuits Interrupters (GFCI) outlets should be used in all kitchens, bathrooms, garages, and outdoor outlets.
  • Never use water to extinguish an electrical fire.  Use a fire extinguisher or baking soda instead.
  • Remember to unplug the toaster before you pry out that stuck piece of toast!  Always unplug small appliances before cleaning them.



Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo