What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Every June, more than 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
2017 Youth Tour:
The plans are underway for the NRECA 2017 Rural Electric Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. The dates for the tour are June 10-16, 2017.
The topic for this year is: "Why should I be chosen to represent Sun River Electric Cooperative on the 2017 Youth to Washington DC tour?"
Youth Contest Rules:
- The student must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2017.
- Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
- The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by Sun River Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Essay must include a cover page with the student’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Submit the essay to Sun River Electric by Friday, December 2, 2016.
If you have any questions please call Ross at SREC, 467-2527 or 1-800-452-7516.